To conduct project risks and issues identification, evaluation, mitigation and development of risk and issues prevention strategies. Assist all Project members in minimizing and eliminating risk and issues.
Qualifications / Skills
Expectations for Ideal Candidates
The ideal candidate should hold a bachelor’s or master’s degree in Civil Engineering or related fields of study from an internationally recognized university. To be successful at this role, the position holder should have not less than 15 years of experience in the construction risk management field. Should have excellent communications and presentation skills, to be able to inform and persuade both orally and in writing. Advanced numerical skills and an eye for detail are mandatory.
Fluency in the English Language is mandatory to be successful in this position.
1. Develop and implement an overarching risk management plan for the entire project.
2. Own the Risk management procedure
3. Manage the process of identifying and assessing the risks affecting the business.
4. Oversee, and in some areas implement, the plan of risk control actions (e.g. purchase of insurance or other risk financing options, health and safety measures, liaison with regulators, business continuity plans).
5. Monitor, evaluate and challenge the organisation’s success in managing its risks.
6. Organise and produce appropriate risk reporting, internally and externally.
7. Lead the identification and evaluation of risks and issues throughout the entire project life cycle.
8. Promote risk management in accordance to project procedure.
9. Create and maintain Risk Register logs.
10. Create and maintain Issues Register logs.
11. Monitors and follows up changes in Risk exposure, identifying new Risks and Issues.
12. Prepare periodical reports of Risks and Issues and their management.
13. Integrates the Contractor’s Risk management into the PMC’s overall Risk management.
14. Provides lessons learnt feedback to top managers.
15. Identifies gaps in Risk management competence and arranges to fulfil by training and secondment when.
16. Introduces and manages any required Risk Management software.
17. Establishes and promotes a lexicon of Risk management terms.